Registered Pest Control Company
Servicing all Helderberg area, Western Cape, Somerset West, Gordons Bay, Strand, Stellenbosch, Grabouw, Rooi-Els, Pringle Bay, Bettys Bay, Kleinmond, Hermanus.
Bed bugs can be brought in from the outside at any time, so we can’t guarantee that your home will never have bed bugs again. No credible provider can make that promise. We can guarantee that our customized solution will be effective for at least 30 days. If bed bugs return to your home within 30 days of the completion of our service, we will re-treat at no additional charge.
Basic facts about bed bugs
• Bed bugs are flat, reddish-brown, oval insects up to 4 to 5 mm long or the size of an apple seed. Swollen and
reddish after a blood meal.
• Bed bugs only feed on blood. Under cool conditions, bed bugs have been able to survive up to a year without a
meal. They prefer to be more active at night when the host is asleep.
• Bed bugs are found in cracks and crevices, including mattress seams, sheets, furniture, behind baseboards,
electrical outlet plates and picture frames. Often found in hotels, where they can travel from room to room and in
visitors’ luggage or other personal belongings such as purses and briefcases.
• You can pick up bed bugs almost anywhere — offices, stores, hotels and gyms for starters. They’re great at hiding
and have been known to hitchhike in luggage, personal belongings or even you. Once indoors, they can be very difficult
to control without the help of an experienced pest specialist. You can reduce your chances of a costly bed bug infestation
by catching them early.
• Bed bugs feed exclusively on blood, and people have various responses to bed bug Bites.
• Bed bugs can multiply quickly, so early detection is critical to help prevent an even larger infestation. Our integrated
A.I.M. protection process works to assess your home, implement solutions, and monitor any bed bug problems you
• Remove all clutter from your home, which makes finding bed bugs easier.
• Wash and dry your bed linens on the hottest temperature permitted.
• Closely inspect any second-hand furniture before bringing it in your home.
• Inspect your home after moving, trips, service calls or overnight guests.
© Copyright 1st Choice Pest Control 2017 (All Rights Reserved)